New Member of the PSTAX Team
PSTAX is delighted to announce that Marie Hudson has joined our team, enhancing again PSTAX’s already unmatched team of expert and experienced public sector taxation specialists.
Marie has worked in public sector VAT and tax for over 30 years, initially with HM Customs and Excise (now HM Revenue and Customs), followed by 14 years as Tax Manager at Leeds City Council. Marie then had spells at NHS Shared Business Services (“SBS”) and GE Capital.
With a wealth of experience in VAT and employment taxes, across the local authority and NHS taxation regimes, Marie’s skillset and experience will add significant value to our clients’ taxation support requirements.
Marie has worked on numerous projects that are of particular relevance now as the face of public sector activities changes. These include:
· Managing the tax affairs of an arms length education company, three arms length housing companies, a theatre group which is a registered charity and an associated limited company;
· Managing the implementation of significant employment tax changes, such as the introduction of CIS;
· Negotiating a favourable settlement with HMRC on equal pay;
· Reviewing CIPFA’s system based auditing control matrix and while on the CIPFA VAT working party identifying and proposing solutions to VAT recovery problems for Trust and Academy schools;
· At SBS secured for the NHS a concession to submit VAT 427 claims post deregistration for the former Primary Care Trusts; and
· Assisting HMRC with a rewrite of the Contracted Out Services published guidance, used by Section 41 bodies.
Marie will be based in Leeds but looks forward to working with public bodies across the UK.