Training Terms & Conditions:
Bookings and payment
All bookings are provisional until they have been confirmed in writing by ourselves. Confirmation will be dispatched within 7 days of the receipt of a completed booking form. Authorities booking 3 or more places will be entitled to a 10% discount.
Invoices must be paid in full by no later than
28 days following their date of issue.
Cancellations – Residential Course
More than 21 days : no payment due
21-8 days : 50% of course fee
7 days or less : full fee
Substitutions are permitted at any time
Cancellations – Single Day Courses
More than 15 working days : no payment due
14-7 working days : £100.00 cancellation charge
6 working days or less : full fee
Substitutions are permitted at any time
Training materials provided by us during the course are for the sole benefit of the course participant. They must not be photocopied, scanned, faxed or otherwise distributed without our prior written permission. All intellectual rights remain the property of LAVAT Consulting Limited.
Limitation of Liability
In the unlikely event of a course not taking place as scheduled, and for whatever reason, the financial liability of LAVAT Consulting Limited to each participant shall be limited to the value of monies paid by that participant for attendance on the course.
As a result of enquiries received from our clients, PSTAX is delighted to announce that it will be holding a further Off-Payroll Working (‘OPW’) Seminar via Microsoft Teams on Thursday 24 June 2021. The Seminar is designed to help public bodies consider whether they are fully aware of, and properly dealing with, the significant changes that have applied from April 2021.
Reserve your place by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment status and Off-Payroll Working (still referred to by many as ‘IR35’) represent possibly the most complex employment tax related compliance challenges faced by public bodies. The introduction of several fundamental changes to the OPW rules has added considerably to those challenges.
It has become clear to us that, since the rule changes were introduced, there are mistakes being made in their application that require urgent attention. Therefore, in order to ensure that are clients are fully aware of their statutory requirements – and understand how to avoid common errors that we have seen occurring – we are pleased to offer this additional seminar. We are also delighted to confirm that a guest speaker from HMRC’s Off-Payroll Working team will be joining us at the event. The speaker will provide delegates with an HMRC perspective on the changes proposed and the general direction of travel in this key area of employment taxes.
The seminar will include sessions covering the following:
- A presentation from HMRC, setting out the background to the April 2017 legislation, the outcomes from research and consultation carried out subsequently and the key messages for engagements involving intermediaries post April 2021. The speaker will also advise how HMRC intends to monitor compliance with the rules across the public sector.
- An overview of the Employment Status and OPW rules and how these have evolved between April 2017 and now, including a summary of recent case law, HMRC interpretation and guidance, and CEST updates.
- Changes from April 2021 affecting all sectors – a step by step practical guide to what your organisation needs to do differently to comply with these new rules.
- An update regarding the revised CEST tool – how have the changes to the tool since November 2019 impacted upon the status of your ‘workers’ now and in the future? What actions have you taken and will you be taking in the future to accommodate those changes?
- What is meant by ‘taking reasonable care’ in the context of OPW? We will walk through HMRC guidance and provide practical recommendations for process and procedural changes that will help protect your organisation from risk.
Given the relevance of OPW to the sector and the financial consequences of making errors, we strongly recommend that our clients and contacts attend this event and pick up all the latest information available. Given the anticipated demand, please book early to guarantee your delegate places.
The Seminar is to be held on Thursday 24 June 2021, and will start promptly at 10.00am. We aim to finish the seminar at 1.00pm.
The cost of a seminar place is £180 plus VAT per delegate. Organisations booking three or more places at the seminar will receive a 10% discount.
You can book by sending an email to email@example.com.
When making a booking, please provide a PO number. If you book and subsequently find that you cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org