Employment Tax Risk: Background
Public sector bodies face significant challenges in terms of Employment Tax compliance across several key areas where mistakes can often be made. HMRC compliance activity in the sector appears to be stepping up and it is vital that you take the necessary steps to reduce those risks. Failure to comply with the relevant requirements can often result in significant retrospective tax/NIC liabilities, as well as interest and penalty charges. In addition, there is also the unwelcome prospect of reputational damage and exposure to fines under the Corporate Criminal Offence legislation.
PSTAX is pleased to announce a new seminar aimed specifically at local authority organisations to help raise awareness of these key issues.
This event will include sessions covering the main risk areas faced by councils across several important areas that are typically reviewed as part of HMRC Employer Compliance activity, including
- Status/off-payroll working (IR35)
- Employee expenses
- Benefits in kind/salary sacrifice arrangements
- Issues with arrears of pay
- Termination payments
- National Minimum Wage compliance
- Construction Industry Scheme
Who’s this for?
The seminar will be invaluable to anyone involved in Employment Taxes issues including HR, payroll, finance and procurement staff, as well as senior management within your organisation who would benefit from a clearer understanding of the risks involved and what can be done to reduce them.
- The cost of the seminar is £200 per delegate plus VAT. There is a 10% discount for your second delegate and a 30% discount for your third.
- If you book and subsequently find that you cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please confirm your bookings as soon as possible.
Read more on Employment Taxes