Training Terms & Conditions:
Bookings and payment
All bookings are provisional until they have been confirmed in writing by ourselves. Confirmation will be dispatched within 7 days of the receipt of a completed booking form. Authorities booking 3 or more places will be entitled to a 10% discount.
Invoices must be paid in full by no later than
28 days following their date of issue.
Cancellations – Residential Course
More than 21 days : no payment due
21-8 days : 50% of course fee
7 days or less : full fee
Substitutions are permitted at any time
Cancellations – Single Day Courses
More than 15 working days : no payment due
14-7 working days : £100.00 cancellation charge
6 working days or less : full fee
Substitutions are permitted at any time
Training materials provided by us during the course are for the sole benefit of the course participant. They must not be photocopied, scanned, faxed or otherwise distributed without our prior written permission. All intellectual rights remain the property of LAVAT Consulting Limited.
Limitation of Liability
In the unlikely event of a course not taking place as scheduled, and for whatever reason, the financial liability of LAVAT Consulting Limited to each participant shall be limited to the value of monies paid by that participant for attendance on the course.
The Torquay VAT course is a long-established and unique event for public sector VAT-practitioners and trainees.
At PSTAX we don’t like to stand still, so in 2017 we delivered a completely redesigned course with an improved learning experience for delegates; it went so well, we can’t wait to do it again (updated for 2018, of course!).
What have we changed?
The course has always provided a comprehensive grounding in public sector VAT. But we recognise the role of the VAT practitioner has evolved in the last few years, and the Torquay course has been adapted and rewritten from the ground up to reflect this.
There will be:
- As always, an unique andcomprehensive grounding in public sector VAT
- A dynamic approach to covering the delegates current taxation support needs, incorporating recent developments and how they might affect the day to day or long-term consequences for public bodies
- A modular approach: the course is designed on a modular basis; each module will provide discrete, but integrated, learning outcomes
- Mentoring from PSTAX consultants: off-Agenda sessions for delegates who want emphasis on specific areas. PSTAX specialists will be available throughout for one-to-one or for group sessions to reinforce personal development needs
- Measurable outputs from the week for personal or work-related feedback and reinforcement
- Facilitated networking for all delegates, during the day and after the scheduled sessions
- Free-range networking sessions (ie without PSTAX involvement)
- Comprehensive notes for all delegates
- Personalised feedback from the course, as required
The course will run from 10am on Monday 1 October 2018 until its conclusion at lunchtime on Friday 5 October 2018. The course will encompass (workshops for local authority’s only where noted, police and fire also where noted):
- Introduction to VAT
- Building Blocks
- Administration of VAT
- EU & International Trading
- Land and Property
- Partial Exemption
- Trading Companies
- Leisure & Culture (LA’s only)
- Police & Fire: special services, vehicles, disposal of acquired assets, Blue Light collaboration (Fire and Police only)
- When it goes wrong!
The cost of the course is £1,590 plus VAT for the full week or £1,350 plus VAT for PSTAX Club members. The course fee includes all meals, daytime refreshments during the training, and accommodation from Monday through to lunchtime on Friday, comprehensive training packs and a conference folder for each delegate. For those travelling from afar, accommodation on a ‘dinner, bed & breakfast’ basis can be booked for the Sunday at the additional price of £85 per delegate plus VAT.
To book use the form above or contact email@example.com.
Our team of VAT advisors have been running local authority VAT courses for over twenty years and are well equipped to guide participants through the complexities of the tax in a relaxed informal and participative environment, with plenty of examples and anecdotes to reinforce the learning.
Being on a residential course is great socially and I feel like I have learnt a lot
Enjoyed the course. Good to be with people from other Local Authorities who had varying levels of experience of dealing with VAT. Good to be based away for the week
Enjoyed the level of detail required to ensure your understanding of VAT is at a satisfactory level
This was an excellent introduction to the subject – in depth