PSTAX is delighted to announce that our annual Torquay residential VAT training is being held from 9-13 October 2023.
The Torquay VAT course is a long-established and unique event for public sector VAT practitioners and trainees. The course has been updated to incorporate VAT developments in the last three years.
The PSTAX VAT and SDLT helpline resolves over 3,300 client queries a year. Therefore, all PSTAX VAT consultants are fully aware of the concerns faced by VAT and SDLT practitioners in the public sector and the technical and developmental areas that are most important. The Torquay residential VAT training benefits from our always up-to-date and dynamic understanding of public sector VAT and SDLT.
The course has always provided a comprehensive grounding in public sector VAT. But we recognise the role of the VAT practitioner has evolved in the last few years, and the Torquay course has been adapted to reflect this. Additionally, the feedback from delegates has been that the mentoring sessions have been very useful and popular. And delegates recognise the importance of being able to create networking links with fellow practitioners during the week.
There will be:
- As always, a unique and comprehensive grounding in public sector VAT
- A dynamic approach to covering the delegates’ current taxation support needs, incorporating recent developments and how they might affect the day-to-day or long-term consequences for public bodies
- A modular approach: the course is designed on a modular basis, and each module will provide discrete, but integrated, learning outcomes
- Mentoring from PSTAX consultants: off-Agenda sessions for delegates who want emphasis on specific areas. PSTAX specialists will be available throughout for one-to-one or for group sessions to reinforce personal development needs
- Measurable outputs from the week for personal or work-related feedback and reinforcement
- Facilitated networking for all delegates, during the day and after the scheduled sessions
Free-range networking sessions (i.e. without PSTAX involvement)
- Comprehensive notes for all delegates
- Personalised feedback from the course, as required
The course will run from 10am on Monday until its conclusion at lunchtime on Friday. The course will encompass (workshops for local authority only in Bold, police and fire only in Italic):
- Introduction to VAT
- Building Blocks
- Administration of VAT
- International transactions
- Land and Property
- Partial Exemption
- Trading Companies
- Leisure & Culture
- Police & Fire: special services, vehicles, disposal of acquired assets, Blue Light collaboration
- When it goes wrong!
As always, the course will be a relaxed, informal, and participative environment, with plenty of anecdotes and examples to reinforce learning. Even if you have attended our Torquay course before, this will be a new and valuable learning experience for you.
We anticipate that the course will be popular and invite you to book early, please. So that arrangements can be confirmed with the hotel, we will need all delegates to be confirmed by no later than 1 September 2023.
The course will take place at the TLH Leisure Resort, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 5HS.
The cost of the course is £1,958 plus VAT for the full week or £1,677.50 plus VAT for PSTAX Club members. The course fee includes all meals, daytime refreshments during the training, and accommodation from Monday through to lunchtime on Friday, comprehensive training packs and a conference folder for each delegate. For those travelling from afar, accommodation on a ‘dinner, bed & breakfast’ basis can be booked for the Sunday at the additional price of £90 per delegate plus VAT.
So please don’t delay; this course is always very popular and by booking early, you could be joining us from as little as £1,677.50 plus VAT.