This course is an advanced introduction to VAT, aimed at the established VAT practitioner. The course aims to give the participant the ability to identify the correct VAT treatment when dealing with more complex VAT transactions. It takes a fresh look at VAT issues, covering a wide range of topics including:-
- Tools of the trade – technical library
- Recap of EU and UK law
- Scope of VAT
- Supply and consideration
- Exemptions (input tax recovery, the groups, supplies of goods where input tax cannot be recovered, cost-sharing groups)
- Bad Debt Relief (basics, further provisions, time limits, repayment by customer)
- Supplies of goods – outside the EU
- International Services
Please note that this is not a definitive list and is subject to variation depending on recent developments.
The course would benefit:
- those with day-to-day responsibility for VAT management but require further training
- capital accountants
- those with senior management responsibility for the VAT function
The cost of the training is £210 plus VAT per Module for PSTAX Club subscribers and £250 plus VAT per Module for other delegates. There is a 10% discount for your second delegate and a 30% discount for your third.
If you book and subsequently find that you cannot attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please confirm your bookings as soon as possible. If you wish to train more than six staff you may like to consider an in-house training course.