Expenses & Benefits and Optional Remuneration Arrangements (OpRA)
By taking both a theoretical and practical approach, this course will cover the rules regarding the more complex benefits such as travel and subsistence, living accommodation, relocation, beneficial loans, cars and car fuel. Enhancing practical knowledge, we will also examine the key P11D issues for public sector employers and cover the ‘payrolling’ of benefits, PAYE Settlement Agreements, the ‘making good’ provisions and grossing up. The course will include plenty of practical examples and case studies to inform better understanding in these areas.
For public bodies that have salary sacrifice or cash alternative arrangements in place, this course also provides an essential update. The Optional Remuneration Arrangements (OpRA) legislation has presented a significant change which requires careful handling to ensure that employer NIC savings are retained for the maximum period and that employers are compliant in this area. The rule changes have shifted attention from certain schemes where the savings are no longer possible to those where savings remain. Our course covers each of the salary sacrifice schemes that are relevant in the public sector, observing how the rule changes impact and reminding delegates about the key compliance aspects.
We recommend this training course to all PSTAX clients and contacts and particularly for staff in HR/Payroll and Tax.
- The training sessions will start at 10.00 , finishing no later than 1.00pm
- The cost of the training courses is £180 plus VAT per course for PSTAX Club subscribers and £210 plus VAT per course for other delegates.
- There is a 10% discount for your second delegate and a 30% discount for your third.
- If you book and subsequently find that you cannot attend, please email email@example.com.
- Please confirm your bookings as soon as possible.