This course considers all the main aspects of CIS from the perspective of a public body as a ‘deemed contractor’. This will include a detailed overview of the scheme designed for those involved in its administration, as well as those responsible for procuring and engaging new suppliers and communicating with subcontractors whose work may fall within the definition of the scheme.
It will cover the common CIS compliance issues; in particular what falls within the scope of CIS and the ongoing obligations regarding making payments, deductions and reporting to HMRC. It will also consider cases of difficulty, including disputes over material costs, mixed contracts and the small payments exemption. This will all be supported by the use of case studies. We will also cover the April 2021 legislative changes current including how the £3m threshold test is determined and the 12-month rolling accounting period basis that must be applied and cost of materials that subcontractors incur directly.
We recommend this training course to all PSTAX clients and contacts, particularly for staff with responsibility for administering the Scheme as well as those responsible for procuring and engaging new suppliers and communicating with subcontractors whose work may fall within the definition of the scheme.
- The training sessions will start at 10.00am, finishing no later than 1.00pm
- The cost of the training courses is £180 plus VAT per course for PSTAX Club subscribers and £210 plus VAT per course for other delegates.
- There is a 10% discount for your second delegate and a 30% discount for your third.
- If you book and subsequently find that you cannot attend, please email email@example.com.
- Please confirm your bookings as soon as possible.